Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Kickstand's Motorycling BlogI went to the Dr. He took X-Ray's on Monday. No new breaks or fractures, but there's a possibility that the original break cracked again. I was told to put physical therapy on hold for a week. The Dr. also instructed me not to ride my bike for as long as 3 months...OUCH!!!
That's right! I won't be riding for a while. As a result, I won't be attending Street Vibrations this year. Sorry guys. I was planning on doing an extensive photo gallery out of it. This really changes my plan. Even if I were to drive there, my foot is not in good enough condition to be able to cover the ground I'd need to cover to make it worthwhile. Maybe in a wheelchair!....Naaaaa. I also had to miss another Old Coots meeting yesterday, due to my foot being so swollen. I learned through the beginning of this foot thing, you elevate and ice immediately. It will speed overall recovery. Listen to the doctor.
SO, the way I was hit on Saturday was as follows:
We were at Konocti for the Train concert, and while there I met a guy on a "Repsol" Honda. We got to talkin' cuz I was on my Ninja that day, due to my broken oil pump cover on my Sporty. When the concert was over, most of us were going to go to Richmond Park, so I told him about it, and he followed along. When we got there, I was second to last in line, and he was behind me. I stopped to look behind me to swirve right and left to park with the rest of the bikes, and the guy on the Honda hit me at a 45 degree angle on my right side. If you remember, my left foot is the one that's broken, and upon impact I was shot off the bike to my left. While in motion I was making large hops on my left foot. When it was over I hadn't fallen, but my bike had, and my foot hurt like hell. The guy who hit me was still upright, and his wife was on the back saying,"Car door, Dude!...Car door!...Car dooOOoor! Well there were two females in a car that was illegally parked, and the driver opened her car door after I'd passed, and this startled the rider of the Honda. That is apparently what distracted him enough to look away and hit me when I'd stopped. When this happened, their security guard was watching whole thing, along with several friends of mine who'd just parked before the incident. Several witness saw and heard him telling the two females that had opened to the door to leave immediately. They took off before anyone could stop them. After that, the security guard disappeared too, and people that were seen talking to him at the time of the incident were now claiming he was never there. Others in my party identified him, and I know I saw him with my own eyes as I was flying through the air. He wasn't 10 feet from where it all happened. I really didn't care about my bike, or anything other than my foot. I didn't want to extend my recovery time another day, and it was hurting pretty badly after all of this. Anyway, it was an interesting evening, as later there was more excitement. My buddy got in a fight with a friend's friend over some drunken words of stupidity. Even my buddy's wife jumped in to help her man. Everyone seemed to be letting them go at it for a bit. They broke a table and there were some cuts and bruises on one of 'em. I must go now...I'll add more to the story later.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i`m your permanent reader now

Anonymous said...

diagram fabianist construe barberino occur exacerbates solar commit timeframes parties defeating
lolikneri havaqatsu