Monday, September 11, 2006

Kickstand's Motorycling Blog

GEEZ!...I haven't had time to blog! I have had a lot to do, and not enough time to do it. The Old Coots On Scoots are doing a fund raiser to save our local base from peril. We are trying to put together any kind of event we can in a short enough amount of time to really help. If anyone has any suggestions for us, please post in comments belows this blog. The club is called The Classic Saloon, in Clearlake Oaks, CA. Please offer any information on resources that may be helpful to us in our mission to save a landmark establishment from closing its doors. You can email me directly at kickstand@walshtek.com. I have several new things to write about from this last weekend, and I will have many more over the next few weeks. This time of year is packed with motorcycle events in these parts due to the ideal weather conditions. Along with the regular runs, we're going to have to squeeze one in for The Classic, and we have Street Vibrations in Reno this month too. WHOA!...It'll be a big one. I am going to start tracking my rides with GPS and video so that more of you can appreciate what we have to ride on around here. We went to Dublin this weekend, and we went to Arlen Ness while we were there. What a great place that is, every time we go there. I test drove a Victory, and got a free T-Shirt. My girlfriend said they told her they were disappointed that I didn't "ride it like I stole it" right out of the gate. They must not've heard me when I got down the road some. PhewwwwwWWW. I was Victorious! The torque is incredible, and since there was hardly any traffic, I was able to actually get it up to some high speeds very quickly in a short distance. I loved how it handled while riding at higher speeds than mine for 2 reasons: I have a 4 Speed on a 1000cc Sportster, and it had a 6 Speed with a 1650cc. BLAP! The fat tire was a different ride for me too. I have an ironhead sporty with a slightly oversized tire, and this thing had a 200 or 250 on it. I found myself having to throw my weight around to handle it in the parking lot. My sporty is quite the opposite. All things considered, I would buy one, for sure. We had a great weekend. I must go now. I hope to blog more soon.

No comments: