Saturday, October 14, 2006

Kickstand's Motorycling Blog

Well, I've been too busy with all these things I have going on. We went on a run on Sunday that was quite a day. The Sonoma County Hell's Angels put on a run they call the "End of Summer Run". It was a great day for everyone. No accidents,harrassment from the cops, Attitude, or general stupidity. All went smoothly, and the weather was perfect. We did have a chopper circle around overhead at the starting point, but we didn't see them again all day. We met some great people, and saw a killer little "stunt show" from a guy who was a member of the club. I was in awe of the fact that a guy his size could handle a bagger like that...or anyone else, for that matter. It was a nice addition to what was already a great day. We had to go on Barbara's Honda because my Harley was waiting on a part that BikeBandit.com took a couple of weeks to get to me. I didn't want to ride the Ninja with that group. so we doubled up on hers. Get this!...I never pulled my digital camera out of my bags during the day. When we got home, I couldn't find my camera. I had the case, but no camera. So, I told Barbara that it was missing, and she said the Hell's Angels had been announcing all day that they'd found a camera outside their clubhouse. I thought I'd check to see if it was my camera they had, but I had no phone number for their clubhouse, so I emailed them. I described my camera, and the next day I got a reply from their webmaster confirming it was my camera, and he said they'd hold it for me to come pickup anytime. I will be picking it up when I go to their next event early next month. It cracks me up how shocked people are when I tell them this. They usually say,"Wow!...Hell's Angels?" There's such a common misconception about them, and I have to laugh at the ignorance. They are, on average, very upstanding people, and usually the most fun to hang out with. We always have the most fun on their runs. So, don't believe everything you see on TV, and watch out for the PO~PO!!!...and Thanks Sonoma Co HA!

No comments: