Sunday, August 27, 2006

Kickstand's Motorycling Blog


Well, today wasn't so bad. I ended up buying a new battery for the Ninja, and now it seems to be running really well. I hope I will have a long period of trouble-free operation before the next issue comes up. I will need something to ride while the Harley is getting repairs. The new noise coming from the rocker covers is alarming, and I would be majorly pissed if that bike goes down for a long period. Anyway, my girl and I went for a ride from Kelseyville to Finley, then to Lakeport, and then over Cobb Mt. to Middletown. We came back home on Hwy 29 through Lower Lake. It was a beautiful day for a ride. We have very little traffic up here, and perfect roads, for the most part. Actually, the worst roads are in town. The cities of Clearlake, Lakeport and Middletown have roads that would be considered bad in Afghanistan. It's too bad, because there's definitely tax money to fix the roads. I ride with some local road workers, and they say they're too busy fixing potholes, instead of just repaving and not having to deal with it for years. Anyway, we look forward to next weekend. I hope I have a bike to ride. By the way, if you're a person who has decided they want to give their bike away, I accept. I am also willing to accept donations toward the purchase of a new bike. :) Oh, and please check out some recent pics from Summer 2006 at my website HERE

No comments: