Saturday, August 26, 2006

Kickstand's Motorycling Blog


Hello,

What a great day for a Friday. I went to work, the chiropractor, the podiatrist, and then the fun began. My Girl and I came straight home from work, got on the bikes, and went to this month's NBMA
meeting. After the meeting, there was still time to hit the Lynyrd Skynyrd concert at Konocti(4 minutes from my house). What a great show! We didn't see the entire show, but when the closed with "Free Bird", we felt right at home. It was a nice crowd, and lots of bikes showed up for this show. It surprised me that there were that many bikes this weekend from the Bay Area, when we have the 'Takin' It To The Streets' weekend at Konocti. The turnout for that weekend is phenominal every year.

Most people are unhappy about the fact that The Doobie Brothers aren't playing there this year. Obviously, the name of the event is based on the Doobies' song "Takin' It To The Street". One thing that makes up for not having the "Doob's" is that "The Steve Miller Band" is playing instead. If I could think of any band that came close to the "Doob's", it would be Steve Miller. They're both Bay Area based bands from the same era, and they are both GREAT! It would be really cool if the "Doob's" were to make a surprise appearance. That would be the show of shows. Actually, the show of shows would include those 2 bands, and it would have to also include "The Eagles","Bob Seger" and, of course,"Pink Floyd". Anyway, I got some pics of Skynyrd, and I will post them to my pic post right away, but I still have to clean it up and put a link to it from here. That will happen soon. Thanks for reading, and Ride Smart.

No comments: